Circa 1895. Rich in character. Two titles. Land totaling, 1677sqm
This beautiful character home has many stories to tell and this is one I would like to share.
In 1988 the current owner was on the front verandah when she was approached by an elderly lady and her grandson. Her name was Adie Teale. This was the home where she was born prior to the Great War.
She said her father came to Australia from Scotland with his three brothers and they purchased neighbouring land in Tivoli so they could remain close together. As each brother became engaged a house would be built for the soon to be married couples.
So finally the youngest of the four became engaged but before construction could begin they had to serve their country in the Great War. Sadly, only three of the four brothers returned. It was the youngest who never made it home. The family remained in the area for a number of years until the 1920’s and the land was left vacant during that time in memory of the brother that was lost. Despite changes in ownership so it remains to this day providing a peaceful haven from the every day.
Now, this beautiful home rich in history, character and charm is being offered for sale for the first time in over 30 years.
– wrap around verandahs
– 12 ft ceilings, fretwork, lead lighting
– amazing L shaped deck with fly screens and bistro blinds
– formal lounge and formal dining
– master bedroom with double French doors, reverse cycle air-conditioning, built in robe, overhead fan
– 2nd bedroom French doors, reverse cycle air-conditioning, built in robe, overhead fan
– 3rd bedroom currently used as an office (a/c, overhead fan but no bir)
– family size kitchen with gas cook top, dishwasher, loads of storage and room for a double door fridge
– family bathroom with claw foot shower over bath
– living zone
– office/bedroom with reverse cycle air-conditioner
– shower room with toilet
– separate laundry
– outdoor seating/court yard
– parking for three cars
– 1677 sqm land size
– fully fenced
– 4 x water tanks. Approx. 23,000 litre in total
– mature gardens
– insulation to roof
– security screens/crimsafe
– digital security system
– solar power
– solar hot water
– NBN to kerb
– Foxtel dish
Call now to arrange your very own private inspection.